We believe that your personal information deserves protection. While you can visit this web site without registering or providing any personal information, you will need to register to make a purchase or take full advantage of some of the web site's features. Any personal information requested is necessary to process your shopping order or fulfill requests that you have emailed to us. Personal information, including names and email addresses, is not collected unless you provide it to us.
Your right to confidentiality is respected at all times, whether you visit our web site for information or entertainment or to use our services, to send messages, shop and make transactions.
Our data collection and use policies with respect to the web site are set forth in this statement (the "Policy"). By using this web site, you signify your acceptance of the Policy.
We collect “personally identifying information” about you only when you specifically and knowingly provide it to us. Your personally identifying information will be used to personalize your experience with our web site or for such other purposes as are described at any point where we collect this information from you.
We may make aggregate information about our customers (e.g. overall statistics) available to third parties for advertising and other purposes. Information that personally identifies you will be kept strictly confidential.
What is personally identifying information?
“Personally identifying information” is information that can be explicitly used to identify and/or contact you as an individual. This includes information like your real name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card number, etc. Information that, by itself, cannot be explicitly linked with your “real” identity is not considered personally identifying. Examples of this are favorite or bookmarked web sites, your preferences with respect to how you wish to see a given page or site set-up according to the selections you choose.
On occasion, we may ask you for personal information such as your name or address. We do this when you register for shopping, contests, promotions or services that require registration or subscription. We need this information to fulfill orders, prizes and to track/verify compliance with our policies. It may also be needed for purposes of compliance with federal, provincial/state and local laws and/or for editorial and feedback solicitation purposes. This allows you to decide whether or not you want to give us the information.
Collection of information
In most cases, and subject to legal and contractual restrictions, an individual is free to refuse or withdraw his or her consent at any time upon reasonable, advance notice. It should be noted that in some circumstances, certain products and services can only be offered if a person provides personal information. If you choose not provide us with any required personal information, we may not be able to offer the products or services requested. We will inform you of the consequences of the withdrawal of consent.
What type of information do we collect?
Personal Information means information that can be used to identify an individual and includes:
- Name, address, phone number, e-mail address, birth date;
- Financial information, such as credit card number;
- Employment-related information, such as may be found on résumés, applications, background verification information, or in employment references.
We will never never share your personal information with any third party or business organization that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes unless you have given us specific permission to do this.
Who do we disclose your personal information to and why?
We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies. We may also share your personal information with third parties, but only in strictly limited circumstances as set out below:
- We may supply your personal information to third parties (such as our internet service providers) who help us administer this web site. Some of these business partners may be located outside the country where you accessed this web site. Our main service provider for web hosting is in Canada. These third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as we do and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on our specific instructions.
- We may also supply your personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies if: we are required to do so by the requirements of any applicable law; or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process; to respond to any legal claims or actions; or to protect our rights or our customers and the public.
- We may, in a few limited circumstances, supply your personal information to potential acquirers of our business if relevant. provided that (i) we have contractually ensured that this information is kept private and secure; and (ii) we are in compliance with the applicable local laws when supplying this personal information.
How do we use personal information?
We may use personal information provided orally or in writing (including via electronic media) by customers in order to:
- Process and manage your purchase of our products and services;
- Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on the Site, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other online activities;
- Create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non-personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
- Communicate with you about your order or purchase, your account, a contest or sweepstakes you have entered, a request for more information or your blog or any online forum posting;
- Communicate with you about specific jobs, job opportunities or general information about employment, in the event you have created a personal profile or submitted your résumé online; and
- Communicate with you about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers, if you have opted to receive such communications either by providing us with your email address or by selecting communication preferences when you signed up for an account or joined a program. You can opt-out of receiving marketing information at any time by changing the settings of your communication preferences, by following the unsubscribe links on any marketing sent to you, or by calling our Customer Service department toll free 1-800-361-5628 from Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm (Eastern).
Is my personal information shared with third parties?
We may arrange to have other companies’ marketing and promotions sent to you, but only if you have indicated in your communication preferences that you are interested in such communications.
We may also share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as credit card processors, mailing houses or web hosts), that help us market our products and services (such as email vendors) or our strategic partners. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
We may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, when required by law, to enforce our corporate policies, or to protect our or others’ rights, property or safety. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
Also, if you participate in any blog or other online forum on our web site, any personal information that you post on the web site may be shared with other participants in the forum. In any of these situations, the recipient of the personal information may be located in Canada, the United States or another jurisdiction that may not provide an equivalent level of data protection to the laws in your home country.
In the event of a sale of some or all of our business, we may disclose personal information to those involved in a transfer of all or part of the assets or business. If such an event were to occur, we would strive to ensure that the recipient treat your personal information as described in this policy.
Business contact information (e.g. office address, telephone number) is not considered personal information in certain jurisdictions
We may also collect aggregated data, which is data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined.
Why do we collect web site user information?
During your visit to our web site we will collect certain web site use information for a number of purposes, namely to:
- Make your access and shopping more convenient and efficient;
- Establish web site activity trends;
- Monitor web site performance; and
- Improve web site design and functionality.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
We also use pixel tags – tiny graphic images – to help us analyze your online behavior, but we do not tie that behavior to any personal information.
How is my personal information secured?
We strive to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security with respect to its offices and information systems so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
We encrypt the pipe through which personal information, such as credit card numbers, is sent, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your information is safe as it is sent over the Internet to our server. For more information about credit card security, please read our Frequently Asked Questions. While we strive to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Access and accuracy of information
If you want to review, correct or change personal information that you have previously provided to us please go to the “My Account” section of the web site and follow the instructions or click the links provided in our transmissions to you.
Should you no longer wish to receive promotional emails or newsletters from us, simply follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in the specific e-mail that you no longer wish to receive or visit the “My Account” section of the site and follow the appropriate instructions. We will respond to requests made pursuant to these methods as promptly as possible.
Other information collected about visitors to our web site
We continually seek to maintain the integrity of, and make improvements to, the web site. As part of these efforts, we collect and analyze certain information about how visitors use the web site. When you visit our web site, we may collect various types of technical data which we maintain in both aggregate and personally identifiable forms. This data includes, but is not limited to, domain and/or web browser information. We may track which web site you visited before arriving at our web site and the web site you link to when you leave our web site. We may also keep a record of which pages of the web site you visit and the length of time you spend on each page.
E-marketing - What is spamming and what is our position on spam e-mails?
Spamming is where unsolicited e-mails are sent to you containing advertisements or marketing related materials without your consent.
We do NOT send spam e-mails. We use an anti-spam tool to protect our employees from spamming. Sending e-mails without consent is illegal in many countries. We will not use your personal information (including your e-mail address) for direct marketing unless you give us your express permission. This is called “opt-in” consent.
Also, we do not share your personal information with any third party who will use your personal information for spam e-mails.
Our web site gives you the opportunity to receive marketing information by e-mail. Every e-mail sent by us will give you the opportunity at any time to stop receiving marketing e-mails.
If for some reason you believe you have received spam e-mail from us, please contact us by email or by calling our Customer Service department toll free 1-800-361-5628 from Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm (Eastern).
When appropriate, individuals are given the opportunity to: (i) opt-out of receiving communications, (ii) remove their personal information from our records, or (iii) elect to no longer receive our services. . If an individual wishes to opt-out of receiving further communications, please contact us by email or by calling our Customer Service department toll free 1-800-361-5628 from Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm (Eastern).
Internet protocol addresses
Your Internet protocol (or IP) address indicates the physical location of your computer on the Internet. We use your IP address to help administer our web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information in the interest of improving our web site and service.
We take reasonable precautions to safeguard information transmitted between visitors and the web site and information stored on our servers. We use Secured Socket Layers (SSL) encryption for the transmission of data to our servers during member login and order checkout. Despite these efforts, however, we may be unable to prevent and shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to such information by third parties.
Minors and children
This web site is for a general public, it is not intended to collect information from children under the age of 13. To comply with the COPPA Agreement (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), we demand that parents supervise their children while online. Children under the age of 13 should not provide personal information on the web site. Other minors should not post any information without parental consent.
Updates to the policy
We always looking for ways to improve our web site's features and services and to improve the way we communicate our information practices. As a result, this statement is updated from time to time and we encourage you to review this page periodically for the latest information on privacy practices.
Revised July 2012