INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; (B) information that we automatically collect; and (C) information we receive from third parties. Some of the information directly or indirectly identifies you as an individual. When information identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, we refer to it as “Personal Information.” This Personal Information includes the following categories:
- Identifiers/Contact Information: These include your name, postal and email address, phone number, and unique identifiers that may identify your device or browser but not you by name.
- Location Data: data about the location of the device you use to access the Services as more fully described below.
- Commercial Information: Your purchase and usage history, and goods and service preferences, including payment information or photos you share from your devices.
- Information Collected with Your Consent. We also may ask you for your consent to collect information in a particular interaction with you as described to you in those circumstances.
- Internet/Electronic Activity: Your geolocation information, IP address, web/app browsing and search history related to our Services, and information regarding your interaction(s) with the Services or Company advertising.
- Profile Inferences: The inferences that we draw from your Personal Information and web activity to create a personalized profile so we can better identify goods and services that may be of interest.
We also work with various types of data that are de-identified or aggregated, and not reasonably capable of being associated with, or reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household. This data is not Personal Information.
Personal Information You Provide
Company collects Personal Information when you choose to share it with us, such as:
Personal Information you provide when you create or use your account or other Services, or contact us. You must create a KDP account (“KDP Account”) to use certain Services, including the Keurig® App (please refer to the Keurig® App Privacy Notice for further information). A KDP Account as well as certain services we may offer such as subscription to our auto-delivery services require you to provide Personal Information so we can identify you and process your purchases, enable you to customize the Services to your liking (e.g., identify your brewing preferences), and so we can link your product preferences to your KDP Account. Also, when you contact us, we may monitor and record your conversation with the Company representative (where permitted by law).
Personal Information you provide when you make a purchase. We collect Personal Information to process your purchases from us, and to provide you with the goods or services you ordered.
Personal Information you provide for customer support. We collect your feedback and questions that you provide to us for customer support. In answering your questions, we may collect supporting data from your device.
Personal Information collected with your consent. We also may ask you for your consent to collect Personal Information in a particular interaction with you as described to you in those circumstances.
Personal Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, Company, as well as third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies to collect Personal Information, such as:
Usage Information. We collect Personal Information about your activity on the Services, such as login date and time, features you use, and website, mobile app, and product interactivity.
Device & Device Usage Information. We collect Personal Information from and about the electronic devices that you use to access the Services, including IP address, device ID and type, device and app settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs, browser type and language, operating system, time zones, software version, domain name, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser, and information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength. Our Internet connected devices, such as our smart brewers, may also include a camera designed to collect an image of the area where a pod is positioned within the brewer. This may be required to enable some connected Services and may also be used for diagnostic purposes to help ensure the brewer is working properly.
Location Information. We may collect data about the location of the device you use to access the Services (“Location Data”) using IP address, GPS, cellular towers and information from your mobile service provider, sensors that provide Company with information on nearby devices, Bluetooth address, Wi-Fi access points, and information made available by you or others that indicates the current or prior location of your device. How we collect Location Data depends on how you use the Services.
Third Party Analytic and Advertising Technologies. Company also may use third parties’ analytics and tracking tools, such as Google Analytics, and others, to help us track, segment, and analyze usage of the Services, and to help us or those third parties serve more targeted advertising to you on the Services and across the Internet. These tools may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or other technologies to collect and store information and may also combine such information with information that they collect from other sources. To learn more about your choices relating to advertising tracking, please see the “Your Choices and Opt Out” section below.
Personal Information Received from Other Third Parties
Company collects Personal Information about you from third parties, such as social media platforms, public databases, or data vendors. This may include:
Personal Information collected from data vendors. Company may supplement your Personal Information with information that we obtain from third parties, such as public databases or data aggregators.
Personal Information collected through service providers. Our service providers also may collect and use Personal Information to assist us with our business operations. For example, our service providers may need Personal Information to help us analyze the performance of the Services, detect and prevent fraud, or to improve user experiences.
Combination of Information
We may combine the Personal Information we receive from and about you. As noted, we may also de-identify or aggregate information so it is no longer Personal Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To administer your account and provide the Services to you, such as to:
- Create and manage your KDP Account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about the Services, including order management and billing
To Ensure a Consistent Experience Across Your Devices, such as to:
- Synchronize your usage across the various devices you use to interact with us
- Personalize your experience with our Services
To Offer Promotions and Ads, such as to:
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts, or other promotions
- Develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to you on the Services and on other websites
- Provide or contact you with customized Services content and offers from Company or on behalf of our partners and affiliates
To Improve the services and develop new ones, such as to:
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct consumer research
- Use demographic, profile and other analytics for analytical and demographic purposes (this processing may involve profiling – for example to create audiences based on demographic or location-based information for marketing and customization purposes)
- Develop new features and services
To Prevent, Detect, and Fight Fraud or Other Illegal or Unauthorized Activities, such as to:
- Enforce our Terms
- Address fraud or alleged unlawful activity
- Assist law enforcement
- Conduct data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against fraud
- Protect the security and integrity of the Services and our business
To Ensure Legal Compliance, such as to:
- Comply with legal requirements
- Enforce or exercise our rights or those of third parties
- Due diligence and required disclosures for corporate acquisitions and sales
- Address problems with the Services or our business
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sharing of Information by You
Sharing of Personal Information by Us
With Our Service Providers. We use service providers to help us operate and improve the Services, such as for data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, payment processing, order fulfillment, and security operations.
Legal Obligations; Safety. We may access and disclose your Personal Information to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, or government requests and investigations, in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, or as permitted or otherwise required by law. We may disclose your Personal Information to protect the security of our Services, servers, network systems, and databases.
To Enforce Legal Rights. We may also share Personal Information (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and those of our users, business partners, or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
With Your Consent or At Your Request. We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES We may use various practices and tracking technologies to allow us and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Services and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on such advertising you see.
Cookies. Certain parts of the Services require cookies. Although you are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through the Services.
Opting out of targeted advertising using any of the below links does not mean that you will stop seeing digital advertisements. Rather, opting out means digital advertising will not be targeted to you based on your interests (as inferred from your online activities). Please refer to your browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or control your tracking preferences. On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising. To learn more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org . The Services use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the operation of the Services. Without them, for example, you would not be able to register or log in for the Services that Company offers.
- Analytical/performance cookies, which allow Company to recognize and count the number of visitors, learn how visitors navigate the Services and improve the Services.
- Functionality cookies, which Company uses to recognize you when you return to the Services.
- Targeting cookies, which record your visits to the Services, the pages you visited and the links you followed. Targeting cookies help Company deliver digital advertisements that are targeted to your interests (as inferred from your online activity). Company also shares information collected through targeting cookies with third parties that send you targeted advertisements
- Interaction cookies, which allow you to recommend Company on Social Media.
Web Beacons. Company also uses web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear GIFs). Some of Company’s content and emails may contain embedded web beacons that allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, as well as allow us to count the number of people who have viewed content and to know when you opened an email message and the IP address of your device. Web beacons help Company develop statistical information to provide better and more personalized content. To learn more about web beacons, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
YOUR CHOICES AND OPT-OUT
Access and Updates to Your Personal InformationFor Keurig.ca account holders, if you would like to correct your Account information or delete your profile information from your Account page, please visit the “Profile” tab in the “Account” section on a Site or in the App, visit the Settings screen, My Account and then choose the Profile option. You may also send your request via the Contact Us link within your Account. Company reserves the right to request that you provide information that will enable Company to confirm that you have the authority to correct or delete the profile information that you want corrected or deleted. Company may not be able to correct or delete information shared with third parties. Pursuant to applicable law, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
To opt out of targeted advertising, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative websites. To opt out of targeted advertising through mobile applications, please visit the AppChoices website. When you opt out through one of these websites, an “opt-out” cookie is stored in your web browser indicating that you do not want to receive targeted advertisements. If you delete cookies generally, you will need to opt out again.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS RETAINED
We will retain your Personal Information consistent with applicable law and our retention policies. Such retention may include satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We also may aggregate or de-identify the information so that it no longer identifies you, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Company takes precautions intended to help protect Personal Information that we collect and store. Unfortunately, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your information.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your KDP Account. Company will treat access to the Services through your KDP Account as authorized by you. STORING AND PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION Your information may be collected, accessed, processed and stored in Canada as well as in any other country where we, our affiliates, or our third party partners maintain facilities. Your information may be accessed by law enforcement agencies in these countries, and the privacy laws in these countries may not offer the same level of protection as those in the country where you reside.
The Services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. We do not direct the Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of eighteen (18) (or age of majority of the individual’s relevant jurisdiction of residence).
CHANGES & OTHER Company PRIVACY POLICIES
Questions? How to Reach Us
To contact Consumer Care, please use the following:
Phone: Call us toll free at 1-800-361-5628
For the US:
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
33 Coffee Lane
Waterbury, VT 05676 USA
Keurig Canada Inc.
Montreal, Quebec H1Z 4K3 CANADA